Cadence University Software Program
website updated: Jul. 2017
- H. Qu and H. Xie, “CMOS-MEMS Fabrication Technologies”, Encyclopedia of Nanotechnologies, Springer, 2016. ISBN: 978-94-017-9779-5. (book chapter)
- V. Petrov, J. Zhang, H. Qu and G. Srinivasan, “Theory of Magnetoelectric Effects in Multiferroic Core-Shell Nanofibers of Hexagonal Ferrites and Ferroelectrics”, Journal of Applied Physics, JR17-4227, under review.
- P. Qu, G. Sreenivasulu, R. Bidthanapally, V. Petrov, G. Srinivasan and H. Qu, "Fabrication and characterization of a MEMS nano-Tesla ferromagnetic-piezoelectric magnetic sensor array", Applied Physics Letters, 108, 242412 (2016).
- G. Sreenivasulu, P. Qu, V. Petrov, H. Qu and G. Srinivasan, "Sensitivity enhancement in magnetic sensors based on ferroelectric-bimorphs and multiferroic composites", Sensors, 16 (2), (2016), pp. 262-274.
- H. Qu, "CMOS-MEMS Technologies and Devices", (invited review), Micromachines, 7 (1), (2016), pp.14-32.
- G. Sreenivasulu, P. Qu, V. Petrov, H. Qu and G. Srinivasan, " Magneto-electric interactions at bending resonance in an asymmetric multiferroic composite: Theory and experiment on the influence of electrode position". Journal of Applied Physics, 117 (17), 2015, 174105.
- G. Sreenivasulu, P. Qu, E. Piskulich, V. M. Petrov, Y. K. Fetisov, A. P. Nosov, H. Qu, and G. Srinivasan, “Shear strain mediated magneto-electric effects in composites of piezoelectric lanthanum gallium silicate or tantalate and ferromagnetic alloys”, Applied Physics Letters, 105, 032409 (2014).
- G. Sreenivasulu, H. Qu, and G. Srinivasan, “Multiferroic oxide composites: synthesis, characterization and Applications”, Materials Science and Technology, 30(13), 2014, pp. 1625-1632.
- P. Qu and H. Qu, "Design and Characterization of a Fully Differential MEMS Accelerometer Fabricated Using MetalMUMPs Technology", Sensors, 13(5), pp.5720-5736.
- J. Khazaai and H. Qu, "Electro-Thermal MEMS Switch with Latching Mechanism: Design and Characterization," IEEE Sensors Journal, 12(9), pp.2830-2838.
- J. Khazaai, H. Qu, M. Shillor, and L. Smith, “An electro-thermal MEMS gripper with large tip opening and holding force: design and characterization”, Journal of Sensors and Transducers, 13(12), 2011, pp.31-43.
- M. Haris, H. Qu, and P. Qu, “A Low-Cost CMOS-MEMS Piezoresistive Accelerometer with Large Proof Mass”, Sensors, 11(8), (2011), pp.7892-7907.
- Hongzhi Sun, Deyou Fang, Kemiao Jia, Fares Maarouf, Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, “A Low-Power Low-Noise Dual-Chopper Amplifier for Capacitive CMOS-MEMS Accelerometers”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 11(4), (2010), pp. 925-933.
- Mohd Haris and Hongwei Qu, "A Fully-Differential CMOS-MEMS Z-axis Accelerometer Based on Planar Comb Fingers", Journal of Microlithography, MEMS and MEOMS, 9(1), (2010), pp.013031.
- Hongwei Qu, Deyou Fang and Huikai Xie, "A Monolithic CMOS-MEMS 3-axis Accelerometer with a Low-noise, Low-power Dual-chopper Amplifier", IEEE Sensors Journal, 8(9), (2008), pp. 1511-1518.
- Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, “Process Development for CMOS-MEMS Sensors with Robust Isolated Bulk Silicon Microstructures”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems, 16(5), (2007), pp. 1152-1161.
- US8445234, "Method of wafer-level fabrication of MEMS devices," Issuing date: May 21, 2013. Designee: Hongwei Qu, Oakland University. (Chosen as one of the Most Innovative Inventions in Southeast Michigan in 2014 by Crain’s Detroit Business.)
- US8324519, "MEMS Switch with Latch Mechanism," Issuing date: December 4, 2012. Designee: Hongwei Qu, Oakland University, and James M. Slicker, MicroStar Technology, West Bloomfield, Michigan.
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- P. Qu and H. Qu, “A CMOS Fuse for Safe Release of CMOS-MEMS Devices”, under review for 2017 IEEE Sensors Conference.
- X. Zhang, P. Qu, J. Khazaai and H. Qu, “A MetalMUMPs Electro-thermal MEMS Switch with Latching Mechanism”, under review for 2017 IEEE Sensors Conference.
- G. Srinivasan, G. Sreenivasulu, P. Qu, H. Qu and V. Petrov, “A pico-Tesla magnetic sensor with PZT bimorph and permanent magnet proof mass”, The 9th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST 2015), Dec. 8-10, Auckland, New Zealand, pp.550-554.
- S. Rajasekaran, H. Qu and K. Zakalik, “Thermal Measurement of Cerebrospinal Fluid Flow Rate in Hydrocephalus Shunt”, IEEE Sensors Conference, Nov. 1-4, 2015, Busan, Korea, pp.946-949.
- P. Qu, H. Qu, S. Gollapudi and G. Srinivasan, “Design and Fabrication of MEMS Magnetic Sensors Based on Ferromagnetic-Piezoelectric Composites”, IEEE Sensors Conference, Nov. 1-4, 2015, Busan, Korea, pp.922-925.
- S. Rajasekaran, S. Kovar, D. Inwald, E. Williams, P. Qu and H. Qu, “Mechanism for Measurement of Flow rate of Cerebrospinal Fluid in Hydrocephalus Shunts”, IEEE EMBC 2014, Aug. 26-30, Chicago, IL, pp.2153-2156.
- P. Qu and H. Qu, “A Novel CMOS-MEMS Scanning Micro-mirror Using Vertical Comb Drives”, IEEE Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics Conference, Banff, Canada, Aug. 6~9, 2012, pp.63-64.
- P. Qu and H. Qu, “A Novel Release Mechanism Utilizing Micro-fuse for CMOS-MEMS Micro-mirror”, IEEE Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics Conference, Banff, Canada, Aug. 6~9, 2012, pp.79-80.
- J. Khazaai, H. Qu, M. Shillor, and L. Smith, “Design and Fabrication of Electro-thermally Activated Micro Gripper with Large tip Opening and Holding Force”, Proceedings of IEEE Sensors Conference, Oct. 28-31, 2011, Limerick, Ireland, pp.1445-1448.
- Sathish Rajasekaran, Chris Luteran, Hongwei Qu and Cheryl Riley-Doucet, "A Portable Autonomous Multisensory Intervention Device (PAMID) for Early Detection of Anxiety and Agitation in Patients with Cognitive Impairment", to appear in IEEE EMBC 2011, Boston, MA.
- Peng Qu, Adelia Wong Hongwei Qu and Subra Ganesan, "Design And Characterization Of A Fully Differential MEMS Accelerometer Fabricated Using MetalMUMPs Technology", to be presented on MicroTech Conference , June 13-15, 2011, Boston, MA.
- Jay J. Khazaii, Hongwei Qu, Meir Shillor, Lorenzo Smith and Ka. C. Cheok, "Design and Fabrication of a Metallic MEMS Gripper Using Electro-thermal Actuators", to be presetned on MicroTech Conference, June 13-15, 2011, Boston, MA.
- Sathish Rajasekaran, Chris Luteran, Hongwei Qu and Cheryl Riley-Doucet, "Interface and Packaging of the Portable Autonomous Multisensory Intervention Device", Proceedings of the Portable Life-style Devices, Nov. 8-10, 2011, Marina del Rey, CA.
- Jay J. Khazaai, Mohd Haris, Hongwei Qu and James Slicker, “Displacement amplification and latching mechanism using V-shape actuators in design of electro-thermal MEMS switches”, Proceedings of IEEE Sensors Conference, Nov. 4-7, 2010, Hawaii, USA, pp. 1454-1459.
- H. Xie, H. Sun, K. Jia, D. Fan, and H. Qu, “Multi-axis Integrated CMOS-MEMS Inertial Sensors”, Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Solid-State and Integrated Circuit Technology (ICSICT), November 1-4, 2010, Shanghai, China, pp.1394-1396.
- Jay J. Khazaai, Hongwei Qu and James Slicker, “Design and Fabrication of a Low Power Electro-thermal V-shape Actuator with Large Displacement”, Proceedings of the MicroTech Conference, June 21-24, 2010, Anaheim, CA, pp. 2364-2368.
- Mohd Haris, Thanawit Pornthanomwong, Robert Loh and Hongwei Qu, “Nonlinear Controller and Estimator Designs of a CMOS-MEMS Nano-Newton Force Sensor”, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems, June 15-17, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 203-208.
- Haris, M. and Qu, H., “A CMOS-MEMS Piezoresistive Accelerometer with a Large Proof Mass”, IEEE NEMS 2010, January 20-24, Xiamen, China, pp.177-181.
- Haris, M. and Qu, H., “A Capacitive MEMS Force Probe for Biomedical Applications,” IEEE NEMS 2010, January 20-24, Xiamen, China, pp.309-312.
- Haris, M. and Qu, H., Jain, A. and Xie, H., “Design and Microfabrication of an Electrostatically Actuated Scanning Micromirror with Elevated Electrodes”, Proceedings of Nanotech 2008, June 1-5, 2008, Boston, MA, Vol. 3, pp.203-206.