School of Engineering and Computer Science
Office: 516 EC
Phone: (248) 370-3769
Fax: (248) 370-4625
Selected Publications (Google Scholar Profile)
Book Chapters1. Hua Ming, Carl K. Chang. "Can Situations Help with Reusability of Software?" in Human-Computer Interaction. Theory, Design, Development and Practice, Volume 9731 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 598-609, Springer (ISBN: 978-3-319-39509-8.) 2016.
2. Katsunori Oyama, Jeyoun Dong, Kai-Shin Lu, Hsin-yi Jiang, Hua Ming and Carl K. Chang. "Situation-Theoretic Analysis of Human Intentions in a Smart Home Environment." Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Berlin/Heidelberg (ISBN: 978-3-642-02867-0), 2009.
3. Les Miller, Sree Nilakanta, Yunan Song, Hua Ming. "Managing knowledge in organizational memory using topic maps." in Building Organizational Memories: Will You Know What You Knew? Ed. John P. Girard,( ISBN: 978-1-599-04540-5) p.272-284, 2008.
Selected Peer-reviewed Journal Papers1. Dae-Kyoo Kim, Dongwon Jeong, Lunjin Lu, Debatosh Debnath, Hua Ming. "Opinions on Computing Education in Korean K-12 System: Higher Education Perspective." Journal of Computer Science Education. 2015
2. Carl K. Chang, Hsin-yi Jiang, Hua Ming, Katsunori Oyama. "Situ: A Situation-theoretic Approach to Context-Aware Service Evolution." IEEE Transactions on Service Computing, IEEE Computer Society. Vol. 2. No. 3. pp. 261-275, 2009.
3. L. Miller, S. Nilakanta, Y. Song, L. Zhu, Hua Ming. "Managing Knowledge in Organizational Memory Using Topic Maps." International Journal of Knowledge Management, IGI Publishing. Vol. 4. No. 1. pp. 17-28. 2008
Selected Peer-reviewed Conference Papers1. Katsunori Oyama, Kaoru Sakatani, Hua Ming, Carl K. Chang. "Hierarchical Self- organizing Maps of NIRS and EEG Signals for Recognition of Brain States." IEEE ICOST 2016: pp335-344
3. Hua Ming, Carl K. Chang, and Jingwei Yang. "Dimensional Situation Analytics: From Data to Wisdom." In Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2015 IEEE 39th Annual, vol. 1, pp. 50-59. IEEE, 2015.
4. Tianyu Meng, Hua Ming, Yan Gao, Georgi Batinov, Michelle Rusch, Les Miller "Understanding Situations in Map-based Applications" Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Computers and Their Applications. Honolulu, HI. March 9-11, 2015. pp. 425-430
5. Tsai, Hsine-Jen, Les Miller, Hua Ming, Sree Nilakanta, and Meher Vani Bojja. "Expanding the Disaster Management Knowledge Space through Spatial Mediation". In System Sciences (HICSS), 2012 45th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 3699-3708). IEEE, 2012
6. Xie, Haihua, Carl K. Chang, Hua Ming, and Kai-Shin Lu. "The Concepts and Ontology of SiSL: A Situation-Centric Specification Language." In Computer Software and Applications Conference Workshops (COMPSAC), 2012 IEEE 36th Annual, pp. 385-391. IEEE, 2012.
7. Katsunori Oyama, Atsushi Takeuchi, Hua Ming, and Carl K. Chang. "A Concept Lattice in Real User Monitoring for Recognition of User Problems." The Eighteenth Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, December 5-8, 2011 (APSEC 2011)
8. Hua Ming, Carl K. Chang, Katsunori Oyama and Hen-I Yang. "Reasoning about Human Intention Change for Individualized Runtime Software Service Evolution." 34th IEEE International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC 2010), Seoul, Korea. IEEE Computer Society Press. pp. 289-296, 2010.
9. Hua Ming, Katsunori Oyama and Carl K. Chang. "Human-Intention Driven Self Adaptive Software Evolvability in Distributed Service Environments." IEEE International Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems, Kunming, China, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp. 51-57, 2008.
10. Carl K. Chang, Katsunori Oyama, Hojun Jaygarl and Hua Ming. "On Distributed Runtime Software Evolution Driven by Stakeholders of Smart Home Development. " 2nd International Symposium on Universal Communication, Osaka, Japan, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp. 59-66, 2008.
11. Les Miller, Hua Ming, Hsine-Jen Tsai, Becca Wemhoff and Sarah Nusser. "Supporting Geographic Data in the Mobile Computing Environment." ISCA 20th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems. Las Vegas,NV. ISBN 978-1-880843-64-2, pp. 56-61, 2007.
12. Les Miller, Sree Nilakanta, Yunan Song, Lei Zhu, and Hua Ming. "Providing a Visual Approach to Managing Knowledge in Organizational Memory Using Topic Maps." ISOneWorld Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA , pp. 1-11, 2007.
13. Les Miller, Sree Nilakanta, Yunan Song, Lei Zhu, and Hua Ming. "Knowledge Management: Using Topic Maps in Organizational Memory." Hawaiian International Conference on System Sciences, Big Island, Hawaii. HICSS/IEEE Computer Society Press, p. 204b. 2007.
14. Hsine-Jen Tsai, Les Miller, Hua Ming, Becca Wemhoff and Sarah Nusser. 2006. "Combining Spatial Data from Multiple Data Sources." ISCA 19th International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering, Las Vegas, NV. ISBN 978-1-880843-61-1, pp.89-94.
15. Andre Lokasari, Hua Ming, Markus Lumpe. "On the Integration of the Classbox Concept in the .NET Framework." Microsoft Lang .Net Symposium 2006, Redmond WA, June 2006.
16. Miller, Les, Bing Zou, Hua Ming, Sarah Nusser. "Supporting a Virtual Office Environment for Federal Agency Field Operations." The Third International Conference on Politics and Information Systems: Technologies and Applications (PISTA '04). Orlando, FL. pp.84-88. 2004.