My research interests lie in information secuirity and privacy. I am building
intrusion detection systems that are fast, reliable and can detect real-world exploits, malware, and attacks. In particular,
I focus on the following subjects:
- Security, Privacy, and Trust Management
- System and Software Security
- Hardware-assisted Execution Environment
- Cloud, Mobile, and IoT/CPS Security
- Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Correlation
- Steganography and Side-Channel
- Digital Forensics
- Cybersecurity Education
- Anyi Liu, Jim Chen, and Harry Wechsler. Real-time Timing Channel Detection in a Software-Defined Networking Virtual Environment. Intelligent Information Management, Vol.7, No.6, 2015, pages 283-302.
- Mathew Nyamagwa, Jigang Liu, Anyi Liu, and Tetsutaro Uehara. CloudForen: A Novel Framework for Digital Forensics in Cloud Computing. Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, Vol. 21, No. 6, 2014, pages 99-105.
- Lingyu Wang, Anyi Liu, and Sushil Jajodia. Using Attack Graphs for Correlating, Hypothesizing, and Predicting Network Intrusion Alerts. Computer Communications, Vol.29, No.15, 2006, pages 2917-2933.
- Huiping Guo, Yingjiu Li, Anyi Liu, and Sushil Jajodia. A Fragile Watermarking Scheme for Detecting Malicious Modifications of Database Relations. Information Sciences, Vol.176, No.10, 2006, pages 1350-1378.
- Anyi Liu and Huirong Fu. ReScuE: A Cloud-based System for Cybersecurity Education and Training. In Proceedings of the 22nd Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE'18). June 11 - 13, 2018. New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Ali Alshehri, Hani Alshahrani, Abdulrahman Alzahrani, Raed Alharthi, Huirong Fu, Anyi Liu and Ye Zhu. DOPA: Detecting Open Ports in Android OS. In Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (IEEE CNS'18). May 30 - June 1, 2018. Beijing, China.
- Anyi Liu and Huirong Fu. Fast Tamper Detection for Hierarchical Data in Live Cloud Forensics. In Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Electro-Information Technology Conference (IEEE EIT'18). May 3 -5, 2018. Rochester, MI, USA.
- Abdulrahman Alzahrani, Ali Alshehri, Hani Alshahrani, Raed Alharthi, Huirong Fu, and Anyi Liu. RanDroid: Structural Similarity Approach for Detecting Ransomware Applications in Android Platform. In Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Electro-Information Technology Conference (IEEE EIT'18). May 3 -5, 2018. Rochester, MI, USA.
- Khalid Alghamdi, Ali Alqazzaz, Anyi Liu and Hua Ming. IoTVerif: An Automated Tool to Verify Android IoT Apps Utilizing MQTT Protocol. The 8th ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (CODASPY'18). March 19 - 21, 2018. Tempe, AZ, USA.
- Xiaohong Yuan, Kenneth Williams, Kelvin Bryant, Jinsheng Xu, Albert Esterline, Scott McCrickard, Anyi Liu, Charles Hardnett, Selvarajah Mohanarajah, Litany H. Lineberry, and Rachel Rutledge. Teaching Mobile Computing and Mobile Security. Frontiers in Education 2016 (FIE'16), Erie, PA, October 12-15, 2016.
- Xunyu Pan, Jacob Wilson, Megan Balukoff, Anyi Liu, and Wenjuan Xu. Musical Instruments Simulation on Mobile Platform. The 2016 IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging (EI'16), San Francisco, California, February 14-18, 2016.
- Anyi Liu, Jigang Liu, and Tetsutaro UeharaSecure. Streaming Forensic Data Transmission for Trusted Cloud. The Second International Workshop on Security and Forensics in Communication Systems in conjunction with the 9th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (AISACCS-SFCS'14). Kyoto, Japan, June 3-6, 2014.
- Mathew Nyamagwa, Jigang Liu, Anyi Liu, and Tetsutaro Uehara. CloudForen: A Novel Framework for Digital Forensics in Cloud Computing. The 2nd International Conference on Digital Forensics and Investigation (ICDFI'13). Wuhan, China, September 12-13, 2013.
- Anyi Liu, Jim X. Chen, and Harry Wechsler. Detecting Covert Timing Channels in a Networked Virtual Environment. The 9th IFIP WG 11.9 International Conference on Digital Forensics (ICDF'13). Orlando, Florida, USA. January 28-30, 2013.
- Anyi Liu, Xuxian Jiang, Jing Jin, Feng Mao, and Jim Chen. Enforcing System-Called-based Intrusion Detection with Protocol Context. The 5th International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies (SECURWARE'11). Nice/Saint Laurent du Var, France, August 21-27, 2011.
- Rajeshwar Katipally, Li Yang, and Anyi Liu. Attacker Behavior Analysis in Multi-stage Attack Detection System. The Cyber Security and Information Intelligence Research Workshop (CSIIRW-7). Oak Ridge, USA, October 10, 2011.
- Anyi Liu, Jim Chen, and Li Yang. Observer: An Real-time System to Detect Covert Channels in a Highly Virtualized Environment. The 5th IFIP WG 11.10 International Conference on Critical Infrastructure Protection (ICCIP'11), Hanover, NH, USA, March 23-25, 2011.
- Anyi Liu, Duminda Wijesekera, and Angelos Stavrou. SQLProb, A Proxy-based Architecture towards Preventing SQL Injection Attacks. The 24th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC'09). Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, March 9-12, 2009.
- Lingyu Wang, Anyi Liu, and Sushil Jajodia. An Efficient and Unified Approach to Correlating, Hypothesizing, and Predicting Network Intrusion Alerts. The 10th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS'05), Milan, Italy, September 12-14, 2005.
- Anyi Liu, Huirong Fu, and Yingjiu Li. On Security and Trust Issues for Forensic Data Acquisition and Transmission in the Cloud. Invited book chapter for “Moving out of Security Rut: New Directions in Cyber Security”. Editor: Sanjay Goel, Yuan Hong, and Pradeep Atrey. Oxford University Press, Singapore. 2017.
- Anyi Liu, Jim Chen, and Harry Wechsler. Detecting Covert Timing Channels in a Networked Virtual Environment, Advances in Digital Forensics IX, Springer Press, 2013, pages 273-288.
- Anyi Liu, Jim Chen, Li Yang. Observer: An Real-time System to Detect Covert Channels In A Highly Virtualized Environment. Critical Infrastructure Protection V, Springer Press, 2011, pages 151-164.
- Anyi Liu, Huirong Fu, and David Werden. Constructing Cloud-based Cyber Threat Intelligence Sharing and Correlation System. The 2017 Michigan Space Grant Fall Conference. November 11, 2017, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
- Melissa Nichols, Nathan Torrez, and Anyi Liu. Constructing Virtual Laboratory for Research and Education. The 2017 Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE ‘17), Lansing, MI, USA.
- Anyi Liu and Huirong Fu, Constructing Cloud-based Lab Infrastructure for Cyber Security Education. The 21st Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education. June 12-14, 2017. Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Melissa Nichols, Nathan Torrez, and Anyi Liu. OUCloud Documentation: Creation, Management, and Operations (Part II). Oakland University.
- Hisham Kanaan, Khalid Amen, Brendan Makar, Anyi Liu. OUCloud Documentation: Creation, Management, and Operations (Part I). Oakland University.
- Travis Miller, Matt Macke, Toni Frantz, and Anyi Liu. Extension Healthcare Penetration Test and Vulnerability Assessment Midterm Report of Fall 2015, Part II, Mar. 15, 2015. Submitted to Extension Healthcare Inc.
- Travis Miller, Matt Macke, Toni Frantz, and Anyi Liu. Extension Healthcare Penetration Test and Vulnerability Assessment Midterm Report of Fall 2015, Part I, Nov. 3, 2015. Submitted to Extension Healthcare Inc.
- Anyi Liu, Security Audit Report for Extended Healthcare Enterprise System, 1st Edition, March 29, 2015. Submitted to Extension Healthcare Inc.
Grants and Awards
We thank National Science Fundation and Michigan Space Grant Consortium for their generous support.
- PI for the project “Building Cybersecurity Capacity in Pervasive Computing”, (NSF. $143,306.00).
- PI for the project “Cyber Threat Intelligence Sharing and Correlation against Advanced Cyber”, (Michigan Space Grant Consortium. $10,000).
- Instructor for the NSA-sponsored GenCyber Camp 2018 hosted by Oakland University.
- Senior Personnel for the NSF-sponsored Undergraduate Computer Research (UnCoRe) in Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace hosted by Oakland University.
[Home][Research][Teaching][For Prospective Students]