For Ph.D. Students
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students to join my team. Contact me if you are interested in one of the following areas:
- Intrusion Detection and Prevension,
- Privacy-preserving Intrusion Detection in the Cloud,
- Security and Privacy Issues of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network function virtualization (NFV).
- Security and Privacy Issues of Pervasive Computing,
- Security, Privacy, and Trust issues of Computer Forensics.
An ideal candidate is expected to have:
- A Strong motivation of doing research.
- An earned master degree in CS, EE, or a relevant discipline.
- Intensive hands-on experience in Virtualization, SDN, and NFV.
- Strong Java/C/C++ system programing experience.
- Solid background in system programming and algorithms.
- Good standing in Operating Systems, Data Structure, Computer Architecture, and Compilers.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Previous research experience in information security and cryptography is a plus.
For Master/Bachler Students
Several motivated students who have matching interests and strong research interests are welcomed. Please contact me.
If you are none of the above and still interested in the positions, please send me (liua at oakland dot edu) the following in one email.
- Your resume,
- Your publication,
- Your software repositories (e.g., Github and/or Bitbucket),
- Your transcripts,
- Your personal statement, and
- Everything that you are pround of.
Last updated 08/26/2016
[Home][Research][Teaching][For Prospective Students]